We currently have one job opening...
posted June 19, 2018
Support church pastors and staff by managing our front desk on a daily basis and performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. As the first point of contact for our church office, the Office Assistant is a vital position on our team. Full-time (40 hours/week).
Essential Job Functions
• Create hospitable environment in office lobby
• Greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office
• Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
• Provide basic and accurate information in person and via phone/email
• Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
• Maintain confidentiality
• Coordinate office volunteers
• Check voicemails and general office email
• Greet walk-ins and contact Good Samaritan team regarding financial and/or food assistance
• Contact first time visitors to our Sunday worship services for follow-up
• Maintain contact database and track attendance
• Track and order office supplies
• Open and close office complex (Monday through Friday, open 9:30am, close 4pm)
• Help to maintain office security by following safety procedures
• Other administrative tasks, as required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Shelby database or other database experience
• Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. multi-line phones, copiers, and printers)
• Excellent customer service attitude
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Excellent organizational skills
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
To apply for this position, send cover letter & resume to Senior Pastor Hedy Collver by email.
Many blessings to you in your job search!
Please be advised that the above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that are inherent to the position, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Senior Pastor and/or Staff-Parish Relations Committee ("SPRC") may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.