Maintenance Supervisor - Part time position
This part-time position requires the ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and other factors. Candidates should have strong communication skills in order to interact with vendors, contractors, and custodial staff, as well as church members. Skills in building maintenance, repair, and knowledge of the various systems that affect a building’s day-to-day operations required. Reports directly to Senior Pastor.
Essential Job Functions
- Overall responsibility for maintenance and improvements of church buildings and grounds, including two parsonages
- Provide oversight for custodial staff through regular meetings with the Lead Custodian
- Ensure excellent facility cleanliness and maintenance throughout the year
- Maintain records for needed supplies, chemicals, cleaning materials, and follow established written schedule for cleaning, supply ordering, repairs, and replacement
- Identify short, medium, and long-range project necessity, and develop cost and plan schedule for Board of Trustees review and implementation
- Coordinate with vendors for grounds upkeep, building repairs, improvements, and needed upgrades
- Build relationships and contacts with vendors
- Train facility staff on proper tools, methods for cleaning, maintenance, and general upkeep
- Facilitate periodic regulatory testing, such as fire alarm, fire safety, kitchen safety, etc.
- Participate in one-hour weekly staff meeting
- Work with facilities staff to ensure set up and take down of internal and external events at the church facilities
- Ensure buildings are safe and secure for all guests, tenants, and church daycare and preschool
- Formulate and track annual facilities budget ensuring good stewardship
- Approve and authorize payment of facilities expenses, with review by Senior Pastor and Trustee
- Develop and deploy facilities volunteer team
- Coordinate special projects, as assigned by Senior Pastor and/or Board of Trustees.
Conceptual grasp of engineering principles
Basic understanding of church building construction
Strong baseline of understanding in carpentry, electrical, and plumbing
Knowledge of mechanical systems; water, heating/AC, fire alarm panel, etc.
Familiarity with a myriad of tools, their use, and safe handling; hand tools, power equipment, etc.
Ability to negotiate contracts with vendors
20 hours - contracted hourly