Facebook Scripture: The Psalms!
We're reading the Psalms together! Click here for the daily scripture readings, with weekends off as we gather for worship. Then use your favorite Bible translation to read the Psalm for the day! If you'd prefer to read the scripture on your computer or mobile device, click on the scripture link to BibleGateway.
Then, each morning at 7:30 on Facebook Live, Senior Pastor Hedy Collver will share a brief thought about the day’s passage. To receive notifications from Facebook, click “Like” on our Facebook page.
Online Bible Reading Plan
Several of our church staff are currently using the Bible reading plans at the YouVersion website. YouVersion offers several different plans, but to get started we recommend the "The Life Journal Reading" plan, which will take you through the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice each year. To view this plan, click here. YouVersion also offers apps for smartphones and iPad for the reading plan of your choice.
Smartphone Bible App
YouVersion makes it easy for you to carry the Bible with you on your smartphone. Click here to go to the site for an app to download. There is also a Bible-reading app for kids!
"S.O.A.P.Y." Reading & Journaling
Many people use the "SOAPY" journaling method of individual Bible study:
- S: First, read a scripture (S) and write in your journal a verse or phrase that stands out to you.
- O: Then, write down your observations (O) about that verse: what do you notice about the words used, the context of the verses around it, the message that you hear in the phrase, etc.
- A: Third, write down how you could take what you learned from this verse and apply it (A) to your life: what will change in you because of what you have read?
- P: Followed by writing down a prayer (P), asking God to help you with applying what you've learned from the reading.
- Y: And, last, writing down what part of your life will you decide to yield (Y) to God — what you will turn over to God's control today.